Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research poster design: basic tips
Useful: creating poster presentations
The ins and outs of poster presentations
Poster presentations: what makes a good one?
Follow these tips for creating a good poster presentation:
- Investigate your audience: shape your content for the audience
- Aim for a visually pleasing poster
- Layout and format are important
- Communicate your message quickly and efficiently to attract the passing audience
- Prioritise your content: choose the most relevant information to present
- Strike a balance between too much, and too little information
- Use graphics where possible; and avoid excessive text
- Graphics should be self-explanatory: little text required
- Always acknowledge your sources
Content adapted from Colorado State University 2018, Writing Guides: About the Writing@CSU Guides, viewed 18 March 2018.
(Copied and communicated with permission.)
@ Melbourne Polytechnic Library ...