Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CHECKLIST: Getting started as a library user
To use the library just remember to bring your student card with you when you are on campus.
Your student card is also your library card.
Library staff can help you set up a pin to:
- access stuff from home or when you are on the go
- make reservations for items you want to borrow
- access online databases
- view your borrowing record online
Obtain your student card
A student card is created for you at enrolment.
Use your student card for
to remind you of your student number
Activate your library membership & obtain your library password (PIN)
To activate your library membership:
- Contact any of the Melbourne Polytechnic campus libraries
- Advise library staff that you wish to activate your library membership
- Your library record will be activated for borrowing, and you will be asked to confirm some personal details (address, phone etc). You will also be asked to nominate a password (PIN)
- You may wish to test your new library password by going to the Library login screen
Essential information about your student portal password
Your student LOGIN:
Use your student number and date of birth backwards (dd/mm/yy) to log in to the student portal
On the student portal you can find Information about your course, view your assessment marks and check your timetable
STEP 3. Set up your student login
To set up your student login, follow the Student Account Setup instructions
Technology for Students Libguide