Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Have you already tried this?
If you cannot login to the Student Portal
- Check you are at the right login page, Some student try and login at the Melbourne Polytechnic Website
- Have you put the "s" in front of you student number?
- Is the date & time right on your computer?
- Have you got cookies enabled?
- Do you have anti-virus software that is stopping successful login?
If you cannot login to Moodle
- If you only recently enrolled then chances are you will not be in Moodle?
- Did you try the word "password" as your temporary password?
- Did you contact your teacher and asked if they had sent a request to have you Moodle account setup?
- If you are attempting password recovery via email have you got access to your official student email account
Q.I cannot open a Word Doc on the Student Portal. My teacher has put a doc up there and when I click on the link it asks for a username and password,
A. You must save a copy of the document locally before you will be able to open it. Look for a down arrow or ellipsis ... that will give you more actions and then choose save a copy.