If you cannot login to the Student Portal
- Check you are at the right login page, Some student try and login at the Melbourne Polytechnic Website
- Have you put the "s" in front of you student number?
- Is the date & time right on your computer?
- Have you got cookies enabled?
- Do you have anti-virus software that is stopping successful login?
If you cannot login to Moodle
- If you only recently enrolled then chances are you will not be in Moodle?
- Did you try the word "password" as your temporary password?
- Did you contact your teacher and asked if they had sent a request to have you Moodle account setup?
- If you are attempting password recovery via email have you got access to your official student email account
Q.I cannot open a Word Doc on the Student Portal. My teacher has put a doc up there and when I click on the link it asks for a username and password,
A. You must save a copy of the document locally before you will be able to open it. Look for a down arrow or ellipsis ... that will give you more actions and then choose save a copy.