Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
OERs & How To Evaluate Them
Evaluating OERs: a checklist
Characteristics of a Good OER
A good OER is:
- findable – it can be in multiple locations
- clearly described
- clearly licensed (normally through Creative Commons)
- from a source you trust
- easy to modify
- free-standing – it does not assume knowledge of other resources
- free of copyright content
- being used by/recommended by people like you
- imperfect – it just needs to work for you.
Source: The Open University, 2. What makes a good OER? Characteristics of a good OER? OpenLearn,viewed 01 February 2019. Copied and communicated under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Int.