A good OER is:
- findable – it can be in multiple locations
- clearly described
- clearly licensed (normally through Creative Commons)
- from a source you trust
- easy to modify
- free-standing – it does not assume knowledge of other resources
- free of copyright content
- being used by/recommended by people like you
- imperfect – it just needs to work for you.
Source: The Open University, 2. What makes a good OER? Characteristics of a good OER? OpenLearn,viewed 01 February 2019. Copied and communicated under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Int.