Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books to help you
Academic writing books in the Library
Putting it all together
Now that you have:
- read and understood your topic
- clarified the type of assignment you need to write
- identified relevant keywords and phrases
- searched library databases and other sources for information
- sifted through and evaluated the information you have found
- ... it is time to start writing that assignment.
And there are plenty of resources to help you.
Online writing resources
Purdue Online Writing Lab
Provides resources and instructional material to help student with various types of writing projects.
Academic Writing Guide UTS
A comprehensive guide to Academic Writing by UTS. Divided into four sections: academic writing; assignment types; grammar; research & writing.
Melbourne University has a developed an Academic Interactive Resources Portal. This section is about essay writing.
Writing a Report
This is from QUT's CiteWrite and looks specifically at writing a report.